Saturday, May 16, 2009

Tackling loss...

Good Morning!

How are you folks? I really miss each and every one of you.

Speaking of missing, something has been missing from my life recently. I feel it keenly. The feeling lurks deep; twisting, turning and undulating in my gut. My heart also feels it, beating wildly one second then suddenly dropping to the pulse of a hibernating bear the next. Genuine loss is as significant a feeling as blood being drawn from the crook of the arm. It pricks, stings, drains and ultimately leaves you less of a person then before.

After weeks of soul-searching, I finally figured out the source of these feelings. It may come as a surprise to some (or none) of you. More accurately, it may come as a surprise to you how much you don't care.

But I do care, goddammit!

Here is where I reveal the very shallow depths of my being: I miss having competition in the Most Popular Blog contest. I miss the blog Where are My Balls?

Click here to check it out:

Isn't its neglected, outdated and dusty appearance sad? Don't you feel like you just entered an antique store in some despondent, small town? The proprietor is sitting motionless behind the till, looking out the cracked front window from time to time, commenting on the weather?

Perhaps that's just me.

Nevertheless, Where are My Balls needs to be resurrected, if only for my own preservation as a bloggist. Everybody needs competition to succeed. It's natural. Let's review some of the healthier competitions of our time: cops vs. robbers, vase vs. vaas pronounciation, Coleman vs. Franken. All healthy, wholesome competitions, in no way a waste of anybody's time nor money.

Blogging truly is a competition for Our Generation, not to be confused with the Next Generation.

Prepare to drill, Bucky.

Good Day,
Captain Pistola W. Whipped

2 comments:

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

I deleted my last comment due to 18 grammatical errors. The especially bad kind. Didn't you used to edit your high school news paper? SO glad you are getting a life so I can read about it. Also glad you have a friend who writes about balls. We need more of that. I'll do it to if it will get me an academic job and unlimited money to science out.