Thursday, March 11, 2010

Rejection leads to top 5 list....

Hello,

How is everyone?

I've had the recent pleasure of getting rejected from getting into graduate school. Rejection is delightful. It feels good to cry, scream at God and ask 'why me, Lord?' and then have a reason to go and get drunk with your friends.

Since my future is now squashed into smithereens, I've taken the past week to reflect, build character and stare at my ceiling.

Whilst staring and reflecting, the question 'what should I do with my life, Oprah/Suze Orman?' kept going through my head.

Constantly beating oneself up for failing invokes some interesting developments, such as the one I'm going to share with you, dear readers. I've decided, in list-form, to design my future by drafting my fantasy careers. Analyze carefully. This is a high-stakes league.

Here is Pistola Whipped finds a dream career:

5.) Homicide detective, but only if I could be on A&E's The First 48.
4.) Alt-country singer/songwriter. Like Lucinda Williams, not Sheryl Crow.
3.) Novelist. No qualifiers.
2.) The product of a trust fund.
1.) Real Housewife of Minneapolis...hook me up Bravo.

So, what do you think? Possible?
What are yours?

I need to get to work on my future.

Yours very truly,
Pistola Whipped

2 comments:

delia's dad said...

Jesus. Sometimes I swear you have a secret tunnel to my brain. 3 of my fantasy careers are on your list, and Real Housewife of Mpls is not one of them. But for me, for you (copyright Randy Jackson), I'd like to see you write a novel. I'd read it. Just gotta get a few more that would, and you'd be set.

Leecy said...

I think you would be a fantastic song writer!! Me? Would love to someone be the person who stops animal testing, legalizes gay marriage, and marries someone very hot. Since none of that will happen, I will settle with being Director of Operations for a small company and hopefully ending up with someone moderately good looking.